Skip to content
Share and vote for your favorite ideas here.

Developer Platform, APIs, & Integrations

Developer Platform, APIs, & Integrations

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

292 results found

1. I would like to be able to assign a user template to a user using the API. This would save manual time needed after a user has been created with the API

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. That's pretty much the idea. Could be an API, could have customized fields on the fax file, ideally it would just exist in general.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As a RingCentral customer I would like to see the development team look to offer infrastructure as code support for RingCentral, such as Terraform or Ansible. Allowing customers to automate the provision and ongoing management of resoruces in RingCentral accounts.As a customer with over 230 sites each with multiple users, IVRs, Queues and devices, being able to manage this as code provides both consistency and an ability to scale.Although the APIs are useful, our engineers prefer to work with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) as it is a lot easier. Allowing us to focus on meeting business requests, rather than developing…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We have been paying another company ZipWhip to handle texts for us because RingCentral doesn't do Auto Replies (vacation, message received will reply soon etc). We also use scheduled reminder texts and Ring doesn't do that either. Lastly, templates. I don't see a place to save templates to reply with. It sure would be nice if we didn't have to pay two companies instead of one to handle texting and voice calls since we only get a couple of calls a day, but probably 30 text messages. ZipWhip is going out of business at the end of 2022 and you…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customers would like to be able to forward calls to a soft-phone or WebRTC device. Technically one can already forward calls to a device ID corresponding to desk (physical) phone because their device IDs are static. WebRTC device IDs are dynamic and volatile. Our system could route calls to them, but there is no way to obtain a list of Device IDs associated with a user. To facilitate a transfer one would:Look up user's device IDsFind the device ID associated with WebRTCCall Forward Call API to transfer call to that device IDThis idea is specifically for an API that would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Four automation of RingCentral MVP Teams, it would be useful to pull current team membership. Perhaps this could be integrated into the existing readGlipTeam method?https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Teams/readGlipTeamUse-case:Automated management of a team that has 300+ members, this would allow validation of current members against source of truth.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would like to be able to send an MMS from Zapier

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When you click the 3-dots when hovering over the time, you are given the option to delete your message. Make this setting optional or give the ability to disable this option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be useful to automatically add a new contact into a ring central account via Zapier rather than having to manually add that contact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My company transfers our calls to different partners, let's say in this case Company 1 and Company 2. I want to be able to call ONE RC number and yoru system decides what company the call would be transferred to based on rules and parameters I set within Company 1 and Company 2. Examples of the rules or parameters would be Hours of Operations, State the company works in, amount of leads I want to send this specific copmany (ie. 1 leads per hour or 10 leads per day, 100 leads per month). Company 1 and Company 2 SHOULD be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm listening to the /account/~/extension/~/message-store/instant?type=SMS webhook events, to obtain inbound text messages per extension. I have ALL extensions on my account coming into one endpoint.It'd also follow a 'standard' thats close to the Telephony events.Current:"body": { "id": "{sms id}", "to": [{ "phoneNumber": "{my phone number}", "name": "{my name}", "location": "{approx phone location}", "target": true }], "from": { "phoneNumber": "{their phone number}", "location": "{approx phone location}" }}Idea/Proposal:"body": { "id": "{sms id}", "to": [{ "extensionId": "{my extension id}", <---- just need add this "phoneNumber": "{my phone number}", "name": "{my name}", "location": "{approx phone location}", "target": true }], "from": { "phoneNumber": "{their phone…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Club Ready is POS and CRM for many fitness brands. Other texting platforms integrate

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am a chronic care nurse and I call the same people every month. Is there or could there be a way for me to plug the patient's name, phone number, chart #, and time of call in a task? I would like to use the task section to build my patient list for the month so that I don't have to use a paper weekly/ monthly planner. Maybe high light the phone number and RingCentral can dial the call?I bill for my service as a chronic care nurse so once I build my panel for the month I can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We could set expectation as to when they will receive a reply. Patients seem to think someone is answering their text messages 24/7. They get upset if they are replied to quickly. It is only during office hours.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm building out some complex call routing. Listening to telephony events, and using the Telephony Call Control API, I have the ability to transfer a call to a specific user after doing a quick lookup on our CRM.In the event of no phone number in our CRM, we want to route the call to different groups of individuals. It's not the same group of individuals every time, it will fluctuate based on availability and last call taken. So any sort of custom call handling logic that RingCentral provides, won't suffice.The Telephony API, allows me to forward to a single extension.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We can not recieve any SMS messages from the bank or my Amazon verification code.Please add the service to your amazing app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the SCIM source to pass the phoneNumbers of type work for DID and other for extension at create time to select which unassigned extension to use and set the extension number.The phoneNumbers parameter exists and can be set, but does nothing on creation. It would be great to set the numbers in the source directory and have the process automatically select the correct unassigned extension if available based on the DID provided. The creation process could also set the extension number to the value provided. These are the fields that are returned everywhere else for existing users.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please READ carefully as the issue is not what you might think, nor simple. Currently there’s a Developer GLITCH in RC App where if a User creates an account using "company email" not through the Admin Portal, NO ONE including Admin and the User can Delete this Account once it’s created. Each time I call Support and Log a Ticket, I’m given this Self Help Link; however, this DOES NOT work because it’s NOT the same issue because as stated above, Company Contacts/Users were not added via the Admin Portal. It’s a major glitch that needs to be fixed.My suggestions…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We have a system that shows some managers what their employees are currently doing. Part of that is showing the current phone state so the manager knows if now is a good time to listen in or help out.But there's no way to give the managers an easy way to hop on that call, instead, they have to dial special star codes (80,81,*82) and then the user's extension. It's not a great experience.Ideally, it'd be nice if there were API endpoints for interacting with those specific features but an acceptable workaround could be making it work if we…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?