Skip to content
Share and vote for your favorite ideas here.

Phone & Messaging

Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

172 results found

1. ...ells the receptionist who they need to speak with. So the receptionist then transfers the call to that agent/assistant. However the callers name should appear on the agent/assistant caller id and not the receptionists name (which is currently the case. ). Why this matter needs to be addressed Reason # 1. because when the agent/assistant goes to answer the call they assume the receptionist is calling them and not a client. Reason # 2 When the agent/assistant goes to return a missed call and selects call back it calls back the receptionist and not the actual client who called them.…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Zoom added their Universal Binary which supports their M1 chips without going through their Rosetta 2 emulation. I believe this would help RingCentral as I occasionally experience application freezes on the M1 when trying to enable my camera / audio too quickly after loading into a meeting or trying to share my screen. I believe natively supporting the M1 would resolve those issues.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  27 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Must have second app, softphone HUD, for monitoring/barge to calls. More memory usage

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Issue is the transferring of caller ID information of external caller to the final receiving end party, specifically with consultative transferring. Example: Bob calls to Health Aid (Ring Central Customer). Sue answers phone. Bob wants to then be transferred to Kate. Sue starts transfer consultative transfer process....gets Kate on the line, "Hi Kate i have bob you, will you take call, yes great...standby"....then she transfers Bob to Kate. With that set up - the external caller ID info for BOB does not flow through to Kate. This is because Sue, when opting for consultative transfer, becomes the active call so…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the new app.ringcentral.com platform, there is no way to add a "Section" to tasks. Our small company currently relies on Tasks in app.glip.com everyday to accomplish our daily responsibilities. We create a "Team" for every client we have. Sometimes the clients need a floorplan created, or an educational tutorial, or a bid for the job. We currently create the Tasks within the client's Team, but then organize the tasks by Section, such as "floorplan" or "education" or "proposal". The different sections helps us prioritize our tasks. For example, proposals are very important to return as quickly as possible, so…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently, the app rings at the same time as the desk phone. You set the desk phone to sequentially ring after the app but not before. I prefer the desk phone to ring first for a couple of rings, then the app on my cell phone would be called.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have a surface pro x, with and ARM processor and I am unable to run the desktop app on my device.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am sorry to say but you have made my work life miserable by making your incomplete app mandatory to me. You should not have launched a new app without solving the errors in it. First I was not able to sort my teams in folders, which is now solved, and thank you for that, secondly, there is a character limit on the tasks, please remove the limit, I can't reply to the tasks. Tasks should be visible all the time, minimal clicks and scrolls should be required to reach anywhere. Keep it simple like before. Don't complicate things. PLEASE!Just…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  14 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please make RC mobile app for ios and android 100% compatible with MS Intune where Microsoft edge is the default browser

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On the old desktop/browser app, you could see a snippet of the beginning message of the most recent sms messages & you could scroll down to see older messages. When we had to switch to the new desktop/browser app, that feature went away & now we can only scroll through the phone numbers of the recent recipients & have to click on each specific # to see the message. It was very helpful to be able to scroll through the partial messages when trying to find a specific message. Since most phone numbers are not in my phone book, it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When in the Call Queue maintenance, your user options to not carry into that page, so you can't easily log yourself in and out or put yourself in DND unless you go back to the extension settings. Why not make that upper right hand portion of the screen universal across your user experience no matter which admin pages you are part of?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When calls are blind transferred, I do not see the caller ID of the original caller. I only see the internal caller ID.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can you add both, caller ID and called number on inbound calls in the same time?Referring to users, groups have this optionCalled number doesn't work at all at the moment

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Hi everyone, this should be available. When receiving an incoming call on the app, the call screen will display who is calling and to what number. If your concern is regarding call queues, you're able to select fields indicating what caller information is displayed, including Caller ID in the Admin Portal.If these aren't the solutions you were anticipating with this idea, please let us know! Share in the comments what you would like to see.
  14. I would like the ability to create a task and then either copy or reassign to a different team/conversation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. RC have confirmed it's not possible for me to remotely change a user's status. EG, they've gone to lunch without signing out, or I want to push someone to available from unavailable. Currently, I have to call customer care to do this, or log in as the user.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the display of names appear in multiple columns for easier access. More like the Deskphone app.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. So our company has to download the email confirmation from that email, then attach it to the actual fax from ring central and it's just plain extra work. The fax and rest of the pages in the actual fax are on top of every page sent except a sent action or success notation. Life would be better as we know it if this can be implemented through the actual ring central and fax sent through ring central. Hear my pleaThank You,Marisela Garcia RMA/LMRT

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I understand that we can set a custom status and I understand that there are 6 "canned" statuses. I would like the ability to either edit those 6 canned "slots" or add my own custom statuses that I might use frequently. I would find this super useful during work from home times.Examples: "Picking up the kiddo from school", "Away for lunch", etc.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  11 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be extremely helpful to have the call queue set up so co-workers with only the desktop app (no physical phones) can have calls forwarded to them from a specific extension. That way, if an employee is busy and needs help with phone calls, then a co-worker can pitch in and have calls forwarded to them. For example (names and extensions made up), both Nick and Joe only use the desktop app and do not have physical phones, but Nick at extension 123 needs help with his phone calls. Joe at extension 321 can help, so Joe needs to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bring back to team calendar that shows GLIP tasks on a calendar view. It is in the RingCentral Class app.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  9 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?