Skip to content
Share and vote for your favorite ideas here.

Phone & Messaging

Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

172 results found

1. Currently, while on a call other incoming calls will ring, can be heard by all parties, and must be rejected. An option to turn on DND whenever a call is taking place would eliminate this distraction.

527 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We run multiple business endeavors between my wife and I and we would find it helpful if we could log into multiple "phones" at the same time, similar to how multiple e-mail addresses can be accessed from a single email client. This would allow us to be able to "switch phones" right in the app, so that when I'm done with a call for my business, I can return a call from my wife's business without having to log out and log back in again.

375 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    We want to hear from you! With this feature available about a month now, our Product Managers would love to hear your feedback. Please leave comments on if you are enjoying the feature and if not how we can improve! Thank you! Happy Holidays! Update 11/1/23:Very happy to say this is live! Please ensure you are on the latest version of the RingCentral app (23.4.1). To learn more about this feature and how to set it up, visit this KB Article: Switching between RingCentral accounts. Thank you to all who joined the early Beta testing program, and for everyone who has voted on this idea. Update 7/25/23:We invite you to join our early Beta testing program to share your feedback on this feature before it is generally available to all customers to help make sure the experience is the best it can possibly be! If interested please email ideas@ringcentral.com indicating…
  3. Would love a user option that allows the on off of dynamically enabling Do No Disturb mode anytime user is in a RC meeting. No one really wants to hear phone calls come in when hosting or talking in a meeting. It is too difficult to toggle on off this mode manually every time a user enters and then is done with a meeting.But all my users agree they would like a feature that auto puts them in DND when they are in a meeting for them.

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This is useful because sometimes you need to reference a dinosaur in a chat. This would benefit me specifically as I recently needed to reference a dinosaur and couldn't. It should work by clicking the emoji button and scrolling down to animals and at least 4 dinosaur options should be available (minimum of T-Rex, Brachiosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops)(Pteranodon if a 5th is an option). Also a T-Rex with grabber arms would be nice (it's funny because T-Rex's have short arms.)

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Must have second app, softphone HUD, for monitoring/barge to calls. More memory usage

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It's great that the HUD was added to the RingCentral desktop app however, the only thing for us that it seems to be lacking is the ability to adjust the layout of the pop out window for the HUD. We still use the RingCentral Phone app because the pop out HUD view allows me to customize my HUD window more than the HUD in the RC app. In the RC app I can't get everyone to appear on the same size window like I had with the RC Phone app. Please see attached screenshots

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, the app rings at the same time as the desk phone. You set the desk phone to sequentially ring after the app but not before. I prefer the desk phone to ring first for a couple of rings, then the app on my cell phone would be called.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just had a use case, where an employee was trying to find someone in a dept to call, but there isn't an easy way to see who's working. Right now you'd have to start a conversation with each person, or click each person in the company contacts to view the status in their profile. It would make things a lot easier to have this presence state visible in the list view. Bonus if the company contacts could be sorted/grouped by dept.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have an additional read-only tab in the User Settings section called "Memberships", broken down into all types of Group, e.g. Queues, Call Pickup, Park Locations etc, that lists out which the user belongs to. This would save the admin(s) from clicking through each Queue in turn to find all members, much like in the Custom Role overview, where all user assigned the Role can be viewed.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Imagine a world where you can click on one of your nearly infinite voicemails, then hitting ctrl-a (or just clicking on the 'select all' button).Now you've got like 1,245 voicemails from jealous ex's, desperate vendors, and unrequited direct supervisors. They are all selected. Now absolve yourself from the weight of these disconnected communication attempts, tugging on the last threads of your sanity. When you select all, you don't even need to see who is calling. Just delete that BS. Get it gone from your life. Catharsis in a button. Bonus points for the developer that adds a toilet flushing sound…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to set up text templates for recurring texts used by team members

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  SMS/Text  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We are one company with all the same client contacts. Ring Central should make a solution for sharing a contact list that would be global to all users. Clients are added and phone numbers updated in one place to be shared across all users. This improved efficiencies in a company, and seems like it should already be a standard feature

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ...ells the receptionist who they need to speak with. So the receptionist then transfers the call to that agent/assistant. However the callers name should appear on the agent/assistant caller id and not the receptionists name (which is currently the case. ). Why this matter needs to be addressed Reason # 1. because when the agent/assistant goes to answer the call they assume the receptionist is calling them and not a client. Reason # 2 When the agent/assistant goes to return a missed call and selects call back it calls back the receptionist and not the actual client who called them.…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add a "domain control" option. It would be really nice to block people from creating "personal" RingCentral accounts using a corporately controlled domain email address.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  15 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I understand that we can set a custom status and I understand that there are 6 "canned" statuses. I would like the ability to either edit those 6 canned "slots" or add my own custom statuses that I might use frequently. I would find this super useful during work from home times.Examples: "Picking up the kiddo from school", "Away for lunch", etc.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  11 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd like to be able to read text messages but still be able to mark them unread if for example I read a text but I am not able to reply until later that day. Marking it unread would make it bold again so that I know to see it again and it won't get lost among the read ones. I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On macOS, the Ring Central application installs a helper tool that requires privilege elevation to complete the install. Enterprises like ours do not provide administrative privileges to end users, so they can not elevate privileges. The end result is the user sees a popup requesting authentication for an admin this is difficult to clear. The popup reopens when you click "Cancel" until you close the application and reopen it.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'd ike to be able to hide some accounts from the contacts list, within the RingCentral desktop app. For example, we have an account assigned to someone who hasn't started working yet. For now, I don't want them to show up within the Contact List.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Company Directory Control enables admins to take control of the company contacts shown on employees' clients. Through this feature, you can hide specific contacts in your company directory from being seen in the RingCentral app. Learn more here: https://support.ringcentral.com/app/admin/desktop-web/managing-company-directory-ringcentral-online-account.html
  19. Issue is the transferring of caller ID information of external caller to the final receiving end party, specifically with consultative transferring. Example: Bob calls to Health Aid (Ring Central Customer). Sue answers phone. Bob wants to then be transferred to Kate. Sue starts transfer consultative transfer process....gets Kate on the line, "Hi Kate i have bob you, will you take call, yes great...standby"....then she transfers Bob to Kate. With that set up - the external caller ID info for BOB does not flow through to Kate. This is because Sue, when opting for consultative transfer, becomes the active call so…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. To better explain this: When the receptionist transfers a call to me, the caller ID shows "Reception" NOT the actual caller's caller ID. This can be very confusing. When I pick up the phone call that shows "Reception", it is not the receptionist. The person on the phone, is the person who was transferred to me. This causes a lot of surprise as to who I am speaking to. As you can imagine, when picking up a phone call, it would be very helpful to know who you are speaking with.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?