Skip to content
Share and vote for your favorite ideas here.

Phone & Messaging

Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

171 results found

1. In the prior version of ring central this feature was very instrumental in our job for logging purposes to have the time stamp visible at all times. After the new update, we've lost that feature. Requesting to have said feature reinstated.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  SMS/Text  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is useful because sometimes you need to reference a dinosaur in a chat. This would benefit me specifically as I recently needed to reference a dinosaur and couldn't. It should work by clicking the emoji button and scrolling down to animals and at least 4 dinosaur options should be available (minimum of T-Rex, Brachiosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops)(Pteranodon if a 5th is an option). Also a T-Rex with grabber arms would be nice (it's funny because T-Rex's have short arms.)

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ability to set up a different ringtone when we are transferring calls internally.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently, while on a call other incoming calls will ring, can be heard by all parties, and must be rejected. An option to turn on DND whenever a call is taking place would eliminate this distraction.

527 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The message pane containing favorites, folders, and conversations used to be able to collapse. This was incredibly helpful - especially in work from home setups - as it saved room on our screens. Currently, the message panel has a fixed minimum width.Let's restore the collapsable message pane!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Our product teams have captured this feedback, and are planning adjustments on the 7/10 release (23.2.35 web) to address this. Thank you! Update: These are now launched and fully rolled out, please make sure to restart your apps to see the latest version. If you have additional feedback after trying the latest updates that make the left panel sizing smaller width like the previous desktop app interface - let us know!
  6. I get numerous faxes, robocalls and the like, and would lkie to be able to simply select several and delete all at once. At present, you need to open each call, fax, message, and delete individually. Very inconvenenient and time-consuming, especially when unwanted calls are often

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's great that the HUD was added to the RingCentral desktop app however, the only thing for us that it seems to be lacking is the ability to adjust the layout of the pop out window for the HUD. We still use the RingCentral Phone app because the pop out HUD view allows me to customize my HUD window more than the HUD in the RC app. In the RC app I can't get everyone to appear on the same size window like I had with the RC Phone app. Please see attached screenshots

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We run multiple business endeavors between my wife and I and we would find it helpful if we could log into multiple "phones" at the same time, similar to how multiple e-mail addresses can be accessed from a single email client. This would allow us to be able to "switch phones" right in the app, so that when I'm done with a call for my business, I can return a call from my wife's business without having to log out and log back in again.

375 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    We want to hear from you! With this feature available about a month now, our Product Managers would love to hear your feedback. Please leave comments on if you are enjoying the feature and if not how we can improve! Thank you! Happy Holidays! Update 11/1/23:Very happy to say this is live! Please ensure you are on the latest version of the RingCentral app (23.4.1). To learn more about this feature and how to set it up, visit this KB Article: Switching between RingCentral accounts. Thank you to all who joined the early Beta testing program, and for everyone who has voted on this idea. Update 7/25/23:We invite you to join our early Beta testing program to share your feedback on this feature before it is generally available to all customers to help make sure the experience is the best it can possibly be! If interested please email ideas@ringcentral.com indicating…
  9. Every day I switch between the same custom statuses. Rather than using generic 6 that are shown, I would rather it saved my last 6 that I used or accesses after initial use. This is a convenience thing with not having to type the same thing each time I change my statuses back and forth and choose custom emoji to match. I never use the generic status options so this would save a lot of time throughout the day!!!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We are one company with all the same client contacts. Ring Central should make a solution for sharing a contact list that would be global to all users. Clients are added and phone numbers updated in one place to be shared across all users. This improved efficiencies in a company, and seems like it should already be a standard feature

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have an additional read-only tab in the User Settings section called "Memberships", broken down into all types of Group, e.g. Queues, Call Pickup, Park Locations etc, that lists out which the user belongs to. This would save the admin(s) from clicking through each Queue in turn to find all members, much like in the Custom Role overview, where all user assigned the Role can be viewed.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Before the end of September 2022, the enter key of the NUMPAD used to work when dialing on the RING Central Desktop app. For example, you dial the number on the dial pad and then press enter on the numpad. This is greatly effecient for many of us that make frequent calls because we would use the numpad to dial the number then enter to dial the number. Easy. Now the feature is gone, with no replacing feature. Why? There is no reason to remove it. Please reinstate it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. if an ext will transfer a call to a diff ext, phone number of the original caller should reflect instead of the one transferring the call

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to add external contacts within the company directory. We have a dozen contractors that we do not provide phones for and to be able to add their name and cell number in the company directory would be great to where we could dial by name (and even sms/mms their phone and all other features would be grayed out, etc.).

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Users are unable to see the Custom Status in HUD, they can only see in the Message area/if they are sending Messages to each other; this was a feature in the old RC Phone app and we'd like to see it again in this one.Users can click on the profile picture in the popped-in HUD page to see the custom status (does not work on the popped-out HUD) and this is an extra click. We'd like to just see the status without having to do that like we could in the old app.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. can we set it up where the caller id of the original caller follows the call throughout many transferrers

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. we have to click each sms message to delete it. This is cumbersome and frankly an elementary need. I cant believe this isn't already an option.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  SMS/Text  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to set a reminder about a message. You need a way to "remind me in x days / x hours / tomorrow / next week" etc about any particular message

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When forwarding incoming outside calls, we need the outside caller ID to pass through to the forwarded number. It would be useful when passing along calls to other numbers if we could also pass along teh caller ID as well

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Desktop App Update in December lost option to manual rearrangement user contacts in HUD. Please bring it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?