Skip to content
Share and vote for your favorite ideas here.

Phone & Messaging

Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

290 results found

1. All users of RingCentral App for desktop would benefit. Include the ability to forward a voice mail message to another user on the system. Current options only allow download but no forward. The option exists in the call log on the web to forward but not in the app.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We use paging groups to unlock doors in the building. We have SIP relays connected to the doors. If a visitor calls from the entrance, once we disconnect the intercom, we dial *84 and then 14 to unlock the lobby door. If we could have the paging groups in the RC app, we could click the paging group and unlock the door from either the desktop or mobile app. Paging groups don't show up in the new software, but they did in the legacy software?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. To offer a feature that allows end users to schedule a Glip message to another user. Globally enabling people to send a scheduled Glip message while alleviating message sender concerns about a message notification interrupting the recipient outside of their business hours. (Glip message notifications do not follow user hours).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently, if a user monitors multiple user's presence, there is only an option to turn on/off "ring my phone" for all users. It would be helpful to allow that setting to be turned on/off by monitored user. This would allow a user to see the status of users on their physical phone, but not have the phone ring for everyone they want to monitor status.So, I would want to have 10 users where I monitor presence, but only 5 of them I want their line to ring when their phone rings.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add firewall rules to the MSI version of RC AppOur Cornell users have been getting firewall popups that they consider frightening (see attached). This user reported this occurred after they had FIOS newly installed in their home last weekend. We are wondering if installation packages could include firewall settings appropriate for all network types users may encounter. At Cornell we centrally deploy the MSI version and our Desktop Support Team uses that to deploy and update versions on a campus-wide basis. They have noted that the package itself does not create the needed Defender firewall rules. They would prefer RingCentral…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With COVID and curbside checkins, it would be great if when customers arrive, they could send a text to our main number letting us know they are here and we could have that forward to multiple ringcentral extensions/numbers and receive the text on multiple computers via the RingCentral Phone app.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. At the moment only the main fax sender/recipient will display the company fax number on outgoing fax messages. For every other user that sends a fax, the main phone number will be displayed instead of a fax number.This is an essential feature for companies with multiple fax users, especially where a fax response is needed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Future Consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We need to be able to have the option to forward voicemails to call queues like we have the option to with other users.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have phone numbers in tables/excel and I need to send text messages easely, not copy pasting each other to your app also if we can send it to more that 100 recipients.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allows user to personalize Caller ID settings to choose (i) User Name, (ii) User Direct Tel#, or (ii) User Company's Main Tel#

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some users would like for desk phones to ring before mobile apps, and have them split from softphone into separate entities.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When an Administrator inputs a certain date for the Data Retention Policy, previous messages stay intact. We would like to see the previous messages prior to the time of entry to no longer be visible. If you click the 'Learn More' link on the UI, it goes to a non-existent link so the product feedback is 'please improve the text' for this feature, there is no indication that the retention policy STARTS from the time of entry.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like the ability to give different IT admins granular read/write/delete role permissions. For example, I want someone to have the ability to view all phone numbers, but not the ability to delete it or to change it. I want to give someone the permission to view the Auto-Receptionist settings, but not change them. Or the ability to update call queue members but not to delete it.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. lets say I want the floors mopped once a week. It doesn't matter which day so long as it gets done once a week. So I create a task for it and my employee gets a notification on Monday to mop the floors but if he doesn't remember to do it that day it is simply forgotten because there are no reminders. It would be nice if another notification was sent at least daily to remind the user that he/she has an uncompleted task. Everybody would benefit from this . It would help the employees to do a more effective…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The quality of certain faxes rendered in the RC system is suboptimal- in particular, high resolution scanned documents scanned in color, to the extent that portions of inbound faxes of this type have sections of text rendered nearly illegible, illegible, and/or not recognizable by modern OCR systems. It's a functional issue. The backdrop is suboptimal rendering of even native black text files- all text and elements look as though they were rendered on a dot matrix system from the mid 90s.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have been searching high and low. We have Acuity and there is only a Zapier type of thing but it doesn't do anything to help. This is HUGE Zoom integrate with all Calendar apps.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Page Count for Custom Coverpages

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The calls currently ring over any calls I am on and I can't make it stop if I want my customers to be forwarded. I can only select send to voicemail.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When sending a fax through the RC app there is only an option for the sender's fax number, cover page, note and attachment. There isn't an option for the recipient's To, Company and Phone. If you want to add this info you need to add it to the Notes section at the bottom of the cover page which doesn't look as professional.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Future Consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  Fax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When using the new RingCentral app (not Classic) the user doesn't have a choice of where files received in Glip messaging will download to. They automatically download to the default download folder for the PC. However, when using the RingCentral web login the user DOES have the choice to select the download location as long as the browser settings are adjusted accordingly. When the user is working on a hybrid system (all server files are kept in cloud storage, but some apps, including RingCentral, are resident on PC), files cannot be saved to a cloud location unless the user is…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?