Skip to content
Share and vote for your favorite ideas here.

Phone & Messaging

Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

181 results found

1. Issue is the transferring of caller ID information of external caller to the final receiving end party, specifically with consultative transferring. Example: Bob calls to Health Aid (Ring Central Customer). Sue answers phone. Bob wants to then be transferred to Kate. Sue starts transfer consultative transfer process....gets Kate on the line, "Hi Kate i have bob you, will you take call, yes great...standby"....then she transfers Bob to Kate. With that set up - the external caller ID info for BOB does not flow through to Kate. This is because Sue, when opting for consultative transfer, becomes the active call so…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. To better explain this: When the receptionist transfers a call to me, the caller ID shows "Reception" NOT the actual caller's caller ID. This can be very confusing. When I pick up the phone call that shows "Reception", it is not the receptionist. The person on the phone, is the person who was transferred to me. This causes a lot of surprise as to who I am speaking to. As you can imagine, when picking up a phone call, it would be very helpful to know who you are speaking with.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Users are unable to see the Custom Status in HUD, they can only see in the Message area/if they are sending Messages to each other; this was a feature in the old RC Phone app and we'd like to see it again in this one.Users can click on the profile picture in the popped-in HUD page to see the custom status (does not work on the popped-out HUD) and this is an extra click. We'd like to just see the status without having to do that like we could in the old app.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using Multi-Site (with an IVR menu built specifically for that site), can the dial by name directory be specific to the site? Rather than the current situation where it's the entire account.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the new app.ringcentral.com platform, there is no way to add a "Section" to tasks. Our small company currently relies on Tasks in app.glip.com everyday to accomplish our daily responsibilities. We create a "Team" for every client we have. Sometimes the clients need a floorplan created, or an educational tutorial, or a bid for the job. We currently create the Tasks within the client's Team, but then organize the tasks by Section, such as "floorplan" or "education" or "proposal". The different sections helps us prioritize our tasks. For example, proposals are very important to return as quickly as possible, so…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i wanted that if i transfer a call the caller will show the caller id of the customer not mine

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. we have to click each sms message to delete it. This is cumbersome and frankly an elementary need. I cant believe this isn't already an option.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  SMS/Text  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. To receive messaging, the app needs to run, but it does not need to run in the foreground upon computer login. Please add a setting option to be able to start the program in the tray area. MS Teams has this option and it is very useful.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can we get back the functionality where I'm able to edit tasks within the team/group/etc, and to be able to have categories/sections again? When converting to new app, sections are removed. Also, it would be nice to get the whole tab back where you can view completed, and pending separately. To add, you also can't comment on a specific task now.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Zoom added their Universal Binary which supports their M1 chips without going through their Rosetta 2 emulation. I believe this would help RingCentral as I occasionally experience application freezes on the M1 when trying to enable my camera / audio too quickly after loading into a meeting or trying to share my screen. I believe natively supporting the M1 would resolve those issues.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  27 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, all configured extensions are published in the RingCentral Office Directory. Enable administrator the option to choose whether or not a telephone extension is published in the RingCentral Office directory

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  10 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back to team calendar that shows GLIP tasks on a calendar view. It is in the RingCentral Class app.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  9 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. RC have confirmed it's not possible for me to remotely change a user's status. EG, they've gone to lunch without signing out, or I want to push someone to available from unavailable. Currently, I have to call customer care to do this, or log in as the user.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Once transferred, next call recipient should be able to decide whether to answer call at that moment based on who is ACTUALLY calling. Based on my experiment (with RC Help Desk person), next call recipient sees only co-worker's name that transferred the call, not the original caller's name/info. It's very misleading. Only workaround identified is for me to wait for transfer call to be answered, announce the caller, find out if call will be accepted at this time, then hung up to allow caller through or revert back to original caller to take a message. A rather old-fashioned concept. If…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. One (1) task is shared by multiple assignees (RC Users), several departments are contributing to fully accomplish 1 task.In the old classic app, RC Users can share/move tasks to other RC Users' windows/glip. In the new app, we are unable to share/move the tasks.Additionally, in the new app, if we are adding assignees to a task, the new assignee/s will not be “tagged” in their own RC window; hence they will not have visibility to the task, consequently increasing the probability of not seeing and completing the said task/s.Who would benefit from it?Our Clients: Promises will be fully delivered by…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently dial by name directory is for the entire orginazation only. It would be helpful to have dial by name directories that only list peolpe at a specific site. We have offies all over the globe. Callers in Europe don't need US employees listed in the dial by name directory.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With the release of the upgraded RingCentral app - we lost the function to Call Forward to an extension (app to app). The only Call Forward function is to a physical phone or device (ie: cell phone). This limits our office functionality and it doesn't make sense why this was not included with the "upgrade". Please consider fixing this issue.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please create either a system wide MSI or EXE installer with auto update that can be installed with one user profile on a computer and be available with all other profiles old and new.Right now if we install using the exe installer it will auto update but the next user will need to have RingCentral installed on their profile. Or if we install using the msi installer under an administrator profile other users will also have RC available next time they log in but it doesn't get updates automatically and IT has to either push those updates out or manually…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Answer phone calls with a keyboard shortcut (hotkey) when using the Ring Central App for desktops. Scrambling with the mouse to click on the answer button when receiving a phone call seems. The RC phone app has this feature, why wasn't it added to the ring central app?

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  8 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice to add external contacts within the company directory. We have a dozen contractors that we do not provide phones for and to be able to add their name and cell number in the company directory would be great to where we could dial by name (and even sms/mms their phone and all other features would be grayed out, etc.).

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?