Complete Handoff after the Call is Merged
I wanted to make sure that the customer and the other user is properly connected before I leave the call. Currently, when using the app, after I merged the call I cannot leave the line because all the line will get disconnected.
Please consider feature enhancement, Complete Transfer after merged calls.
-
Krystal
commented
I would absolutely like to see this accomplished! There's also times that if we need to transfer a client directly to the carrier, there might be information or a conversation the insured might want to ask the underwriter and doesn't exactly want someone in the background hanging out and listening to the conversation, I would think that could make people uncomfortable.
Plus, the number 1 thing we're taught in this industry is to "Cover your butt", so we need to ensure that once we warm transfer the client to a carrier/underwriter that the transfer is complete after we leave the connection. Otherwise the insured can come back on us later & say that we never transferred them to the carrier as they requested, now we can't prove that we transferred them to the carrier for whatever coverage they wanted or question they needed answered, and because of that it disrupted their business/personal life in some way, which could potentially cause the agency to have an E&O issue on their hands.
Thank you for any help you can provide!
-
Colleen
commented
As an insurance agency, we commonly have clients contact us to file claims or make payments who do not have their policy information with them. It is our practice to conference call the carrier, provide the client name and policy details and warm transfer the client to carrier while leaving the call. In Ring Central, it appears that we cannot leave the call when adding the carrier to assist the client. For this reason, there is precious time and money spent waiting for that call to end where our agent could be servicing other accounts. There should be a way for us to connect an inbound call to an external number and leave those two calls connected with the option for us to leave the conversation.