Skip to content
Share and vote for your favorite ideas here.

Phone & Messaging

Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

291 results found

1. This would allow managers assigned certain roles to be able to monitor sms messages without having to export the list. Viewing through the admin portal also allows the manager to see the user tied to the number and if we've recorded the external user and their number (currently the export only provides the numbers used in the messaging).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please provide the ability to record more than one VM greeting, ex. Standard, Out-of-Office, and Extended Absence Greetings and then the option to select each as needed. Currently, I set a Standard VM greeting but when I am out-of-the-office, I have to record a different greeting which overwrites my Standard, and then I have to re-record that when I'm back in the office, and the cycle continues. This request benefits anyone who uses Voicemail.

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This applies to the RingCentral app on Mac (not sure it if would apply to Windows as well). In the old RingCentral Phone app, it would integrate with the Mac's local Contacts app (Settings > Contacts > View Mac Contacts). Doing this would allow the list of calls/texts to be populated with the callers' names instead of phone numbers. This was great. In the new RingCentral combined app, this isn't possible. Under Settings > Calendars and contacts you can connect the app to Microsoft and Google, but not your local Mac Contacts app. Thus I currently have to run both…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to leave a pre-recorded voicemail as soon as you hear a "beep" and move on to your next call. In other words, make outbound call and instead of waiting for someone to pick; drop an automated or prerecorded message for the second party to call you back, while you move on to your next dial up call.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bring call queue management into the app. It's frustrating to move back and forth between the app and the web page, especially on a mobile device. calling from the web page does not work, nor does listening to the voicemail.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Most carriers I have worked with have the ability to send text messages to a phone number by sending an email. According to RC support this feature is not currently available. Would be a nice addition, especially for developers.Examples:##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com##########@vtext.com##########@txt.att.net

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding contact from last received number to a common company library rather than saving the number to the user profile. This allows us to trace all contacts and interactions added and there is no duplications of contacts to the company contact library.Currently if 1 user saves the number the other 2 users cannot see it as the contacts if they themselves save it to their profiles. I wish if there was common RC Contact directory where all the phone numbers saved that can be used by all the users.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There needs to be a way for admins to delete bulk messages.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    September 2023 UpdateThank you for your responses and feedback everyone! Product has completed their research into this possibility and have confirmed that at this time, the feature is not on any upcoming roadmaps. With this update, the status for the idea has been changed to Future Consideration. Hello everyone, Thank you for your interest in this idea. As our product managers are researching this feature, they'd like to know if you want this to be for Direct Messages and Teams, or just Direct Messages? Please leave your feedback and use case via comment. Thanks all!
  10. Hi, It would be best if we can allow SMS to be enabled for UK numbers. This will help users to utilize their UK numbers in communicating to clients thru text messaging.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In order to reduce missed calls in call queues, an option for clients to push '1' for a callback but keep their place in line is needed.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding this function would save an immense amount of time when a new agent is added to the system. At the moment, when I add a new user, I have to manually go in to each queue and add the new user via the Call Handling & Members sub-menu. We have over 80 queues (and counting) and this is extremely time consuming, especially if I have more than one agent starting at any given time, which is going to be taking place in the near future.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We are into recruitment business and we are using this texting feature everyday. We can pull out reports of calls and messages. But why not text? That'd would be a great add-on feature for pulling out the texting report of each user in the organization.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With all participants muted except one speaker, we would like to record the 'speaker video/audio only' for the presentation portion of the meeting. In ringcentral meetings, that is accomplished with spotlight video and then record - glip's video meeting doesn't have that option. This is a crucial option for any presentation or speaker led meeting.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Many customers use have a multi-site tenant and, at times, each independent agency is an individual business. So the user directories need to be segregated by group or by site - one group should not be able to see the phone extensions at another site.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We'd like the option that if no reps are available to take a customer call, that the user simply be told that no reps are currently available and to try again later. Currently, that message is ONLY available if the queue (min 5 callers) is full. We need the ability to have this message if literally no one is available regardless if they are the only customer in the queue.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Call Queue Position when customer is waiting, it should say there are 2 callers ahead or 1 or 5 callers ahead.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As a SuperAdmin, I would like to have the ability to activate a user account. As it stands now, I can only activate the account upon setup. If an email invite has been sent, the account is stuck in a limbo state where the only thing a SuperAdmin can do is delete the account. I should be able to activate and deactivate the account while it is in the limbo state. Having to contact support to do this makes the SuperAdmin too restricted to be able to effectively manage the account.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The last company we had was able to delay certain phones from ringing. This gave us the chance to have the really good reps on the line before the average reps.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Callers wishing to leave a message rather than wait on hold would improve the customer service level. This is a global request and expectation.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?