Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1411 results found

1. Currently most other phones that RC sells allow the option to transfer a call directly to a user's voicemail. Can we please get this support for the unify phones? This is an important feature that is used w/ presence at our company. We need to know if someone is on the phone and if we have to send a call to them or directly to VM. This feature would allow for much better workflow and better client retention within our company.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Our current set up on the desk phone allows us to call those employees set up our presence feature. There should be an option to change the settings so that instead of calling the user via one button press it instead intercoms that person.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The old RingCentral had the ability to test to ensure that the headset volumes were working.I am running version 21.2.15.482 updated 04/28/2021. I am using a Toorun M26 Bluetooth headpiece V4.1 which works very well with RingCentral.I can see in Notifications and Sounds where I can set my microphone, speaker, & ringer sources; I see the volume control. There is no place to test the sources like there used to be in the old RingCentral app.I would like to be able to test the sources before I start my day to ensure everything is working properly. I am not talking…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have several RingCentral users in a Tech Support call queue that make frequent use of Outlook calendar meetings and Cisco Webex for remote support assistance. They are all members of a simultaneous Ringcentral call queue for tech support. If they are using Webex for a meeting, including that product's built in voice capabilities, they are currently getting calls from the tech support queue because the RingCentral app does not alter its user status to Busy/DoNotDisturb to match that of Outlook's user status. This is disturbing to their workflow because they are active with a customer but are still being…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Public Park has a reversion timer of 5 minutes after which it will return the call to the original person that parked the call.Private Park does not have this capability and calls can sit in that park location forever. We would like this feature to be added to the platform.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It's very annoying having to de-authorize a PC to make calls after moving between PCs.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We need to be able to run a report to include calls where the initial caller is connected to someone and then adds another number to the call. We typically record those calls but noticed when trying to find it in the call log, it doesn't show the numbers together. You have to search each number. They may not always remember the numbers to search and would be much easier if they could pull a report of those types of calls only. I was told that this is in the works and it would be best to put an idea…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be helpful to be able to have more than 10 Key Presses for our IVR Menu.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Integration with Freshdesk Phone Service in the Ticket System

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have 3 scheduling coordinators that need access to the main voicemail from their desktop phones.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The quality of certain faxes rendered in the RC system is suboptimal- in particular, high resolution scanned documents scanned in color, to the extent that portions of inbound faxes of this type have sections of text rendered nearly illegible, illegible, and/or not recognizable by modern OCR systems. It's a functional issue. The backdrop is suboptimal rendering of even native black text files- all text and elements look as though they were rendered on a dot matrix system from the mid 90s.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, if a user monitors multiple user's presence, there is only an option to turn on/off "ring my phone" for all users. It would be helpful to allow that setting to be turned on/off by monitored user. This would allow a user to see the status of users on their physical phone, but not have the phone ring for everyone they want to monitor status.So, I would want to have 10 users where I monitor presence, but only 5 of them I want their line to ring when their phone rings.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If I use the computer app, I want to see where the call is coming from, what extension it is coming through. For example, on my phone app there is an small circle with an i in the middle that I can click on and it says To:864-772-3410 (me) for example. That's what I need to locate when using computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently we can only copy the phone number of the caller once he/she has hung up using this method (see gif) It would be great if we could simply copy the number of an active caller. A simple "right click on the phone number calling you" and "copy" is all that is needed.That way we can get the client's phone number into the CRM and see if they already have any account with us and we can then help them accordingly. Currently the manual "type out the clients number" means longer times (not a simple copy n paste) and possible…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. All phones should be able to send a page in case of emergencies not just full licensed users. This is currently limited to only licensed users. Add limited extensions to the list for paging out of box.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have a law practice that deals with super sensitive client conversations and HIPAA communications.The audio conference call feature has a fixed number with a fixed participant code to access. I know this can be reset through the portal, but I would like to request a setting that automatically resets the the participant code after each use.If a past client, or anyone else, has the fixed participant they could theoretically listen in on other clients future calls which exposes any ring central users who owe a duty of confidential to huge liability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My understanding is that currently an IVR is coded as follows:1) Play IVR Message2) Await DTMF Key from caller for short period.If no key is received, the process is repeated 3 times before the IVR "times out", and then either DISCONNECTS the call or transfers to an extension.It would be much more usable if you configure:1) How many times to repeat before timing out (Currently hard coded to 3)2) How long to wait for DTMF before either timing out or repeating.2) Provide more choices for timeout like connecting to a voicemail etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With our old phone system we would frequently include "press 0 to speak with someone if you have an urgent issue" in our voicemail greeting. This way if they were calling their primary contact and weren't able to speak with them they could easily be transferred to another extension (typically our reception call group) so they could speak with someone instead of leaving a voicemail.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I called help desk looking for a way to store numbers in phone book that include a phone number followed by a pause and then followed by additional digits. such as how I have my conference bridge stored in my cell phone address book. The help desk advised they were not able to provide a solution.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi, it would be greatly appreciated if you were able to customize a ringtone for the plug-in like you can for the app version. The ringtone assigned is a bit obnoxious and distracting when you are fielding a rate of call-ins as a team. Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?