Skip to content
Share and vote for your favorite ideas here.

Phone & Messaging

Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

205 results found

1. We have multiple phone numbers that all ring on the main line. It would be useful if we could have different ring tones to differentiate which number a caller used to contact us. (We are opening a branch office but keeping our Admin centralized.) This would be incredibly useful so that we know which service branch is being called.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  13 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a feature where you can use the app while also using a desk phone. Background: We came from Mitel, where the app worked with the physical phone. So, if you were on your physical desk phone and you also had the desktop app open, the app would show your active call, and you were allowed to click actions on the app such as transfer a call directly to someone's voicemail by clicking 2 things, then you would hang up your physical phone.

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have User Info disabled for our users so they don't accidentally change their name information. For some reason the ability for a USER to change their voicemail pin is tied to User Info. We need to be able to allow users to change their voicemail pin without enabling USER info in the role. Please add this as this seems like a basic request that should have been addressed already.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I understand that we have custom rules in place but when you are a big organisation with multiple call queues in different time zones the config can become a mess.We have simplified our call queues by using the overflow features instead of custom rules. This has set our routing in place and now we want a feature to be able to specify when the office will be closed.We should be able to input public holidays in the schedule, automatically setting that call queue to not available on the specific days.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Call Queues  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. when a client texted in on the main number , allow multiple users to see and respond to there message. grasshopper has this because there is only 1 number to work through

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  SMS/Text  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For offices that use Ring Central for scheduling customers/confirming appointments, it would be great to be able to write out a text and have it scheduled to send on x day at x time. For example, if I wanted to tell Susan that her vet appointment is scheduled for 2:00pm on Wednesday, then I want it to send a prewritten text on Monday so that she can respond to confirm the appointment. It can help save time if you have extra time on a weekend to write out everything and then they're all scheduled to send when you don't have…

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be useful to sync the desktop application with the physical desk phone so that when clearing voicemails both are updated. OR when a call is answered on the desk phone it doesn't appear as missed in the desktop application

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My company has nine sites within RingCentral that all use the same Holiday schedule for office closures. Every year, I have to spend time manually inputting these hours into the custom answering rule I have for each location.It's Oct 31'st 2022 at time of writing, so to fill in the entries for all of next years Holiday’s requires the below # of clicks per date; New Years Day - 7 clicks total1 click to open the From calendar, 3 clicks on the arrow to get over to January, 1 click to select the 2nd and finish the From calendar, then…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I understand that you can add or import contact to the "Personal" contact list, but these contacts are only available to 1x user.I want a Centralised contact-list or Telephone Directory that can be shared with all-users of my company. This is the most important thing in a compnay that user's have access to contact-lists/telephne numbers those can be shared accross the compnay/users.I stronlgy recommend to introduce this feature. It is a basic feature provided in other telephone systems.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be very helpful if there is an option to upload a company wide phonebook that will be used by all users. I just spoke to Ringcentral support and was advised that at the moment, the only option is to upload individually to each user which is not ideal and time consuming. A better option would be to upload to the admin portal and all users can pull the contacts from there and it would be great if each user is given an option when saving a new contact to either save it as a local contact (for their…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Live Report Licenses currently do not allow for licenses to be assigned in bulk. Ideally a license would be assigned as a function of the user Role assignment. This would include the application of user templates with the license assignment enabled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When a user is already on a call, and another call comes in, the phone continually rings over the original call.This makes it difficult to hear the original caller.I would propose that if a user is on a call and another comes in, RC makes a single ring tone to indicate another call is waiting, then just leave the pickup wizard on screen for the user to interact with.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We have a medical transport busines and work with different providers and drivers and employees. It is a hassle to constantly upload new contacts and share them. Can we create a feature where we just have a global contact list that we can all refer to whenever we add someone?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • cx wants to add 3rd party numbers in contacts so that their users can search the address book and call them
    • cx needs an option an in the online account or app to make the personal contacts centralized.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow text messages sent to the same company number that the call queue is answering to be answered by any user in that call queue. Allow them to send messages from the company number and have a unified spot so that multiple users can respond. As our CSRs go off and on shift they should be able to pick up a text thread with a customer.

503 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  SMS/Text  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. RingCentral Automator should also work with number assigned to Call Queue extension

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Every person that calls your office line, once them leave a message or hang up, they get an auto text from us Thanking them for calling, offering an alternative way for them to connect with us: instagram link, Youtube link, website, and a video link from Bombbomb..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  SMS/Text  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Many times a user receives a voicemail and want to forward it to another user to handle. We cannot receive voicemails via email, so forwarding a voicemail to another extension is a highly valuable feature. This allows the person who received the voicemail to forward it and add additional info to the next recipient without having to write it down and give it to the other person.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We use handsets and also link to our CRM Pipedrive. We have 3 handsets each with their own user/extension. All phones are on simultaneous ring. If someone else picks up the phone, my handset and CRM show that I missed a call. It'd be great if we had to ability to turn off missed call tagging. Even if we miss a call it rolls over to our answering service so the missed call tagging just creates confusion and frustration that I have to clear the notifications on my handset and CRM everytime someone calls.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  10 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Different from your current schedule task feature.This benefits the sender. The functionality should mimic sms. Just the simple ability to schedule communications to individuals or set direct teams. The ability to include attachments is necessary. For an example on Monday at 0900 message delivers to recipients- such as " on call sign up". I may be in another meeting at that time. But if I can plan for that prior that improves communication and functionality of your tool.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  SMS/Text  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?