Skip to content
Share and vote for your favorite ideas here.

Phone & Messaging

Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

91 results found

1. One (1) task is shared by multiple assignees (RC Users), several departments are contributing to fully accomplish 1 task.In the old classic app, RC Users can share/move tasks to other RC Users' windows/glip. In the new app, we are unable to share/move the tasks.Additionally, in the new app, if we are adding assignees to a task, the new assignee/s will not be “tagged” in their own RC window; hence they will not have visibility to the task, consequently increasing the probability of not seeing and completing the said task/s.Who would benefit from it?Our Clients: Promises will be fully delivered by…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the new app.ringcentral.com platform, there is no way to add a "Section" to tasks. Our small company currently relies on Tasks in app.glip.com everyday to accomplish our daily responsibilities. We create a "Team" for every client we have. Sometimes the clients need a floorplan created, or an educational tutorial, or a bid for the job. We currently create the Tasks within the client's Team, but then organize the tasks by Section, such as "floorplan" or "education" or "proposal". The different sections helps us prioritize our tasks. For example, proposals are very important to return as quickly as possible, so…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Whenever we schedule a meeting using RCV plugin in Outlook on an existing email thread, the invite is being added on the thread, however, it is placed at the bottom of the thread instead of the top. This causes issues because although the recipients can see the link they are not able to see the other invite details right away like the dial-in number. This issue is not happening when scheduling a meeting using the RCM plugin in Outlook. When we use RCM plugin and schedule a meeting the invite is already on top of the email thread.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The old outlook plugin was able to use the HTML format. We would like to like to use this feature added back in for the Outlook Add-in.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The task filter in new ringcentral app is currently not complete. There's currently no way to sort by color nor sort by section/category.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have the to do list printed

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When creating a task, there is an option to make the task reoccuring, but it is very limited. If you want the task to reoccur on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, you can do that. You can set the reoccurance schedule to monthly, but it will only go by the date. Outlook reoccuring dates have more options. It would be great to see that in the RC Task feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On RC Classic: When you open a task to edit it, you are able to click and hold a corner button that allows expansion of the field. This feature does not exist in the new app. Why it's useful: When you have a lot more information to add to a task than just a few sentences, it becomes tedious to have to scroll through the tiny window to see what I've been typing.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Ring Central Classic app, you could adjust columns and be able to see a full task in list view and also see many more tasks on one screen before having to scroll. Now I can see only see a handful of tasks on the screen before needing to scroll and if I want to read the full task I have to click on each individual task. Not conducive for greater productivity when you have to click and scroll all the time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have been searching high and low. We have Acuity and there is only a Zapier type of thing but it doesn't do anything to help. This is HUGE Zoom integrate with all Calendar apps.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow scheduling of meetings without connecting to a calendar. For privacy purposes and confidentiality, I do not want to give access to my outlook calendar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can we get back the functionality where I'm able to edit tasks within the team/group/etc, and to be able to have categories/sections again? When converting to new app, sections are removed. Also, it would be nice to get the whole tab back where you can view completed, and pending separately. To add, you also can't comment on a specific task now.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Admin ability to disable Calendar sync option in the RC App. Customers that utilize O365 or G-Suite need to ability to disable the the calendar service that they are not utilizing. This would close a security gap for Enterprise customers that do not want users to able to add their personal calendars to the RC App

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add polling in Glip (not just RCV) for communicating in writing/messaging with co-workers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Good morning,We would like to schedule meetings using our default mac osx calendar with our RingCentral GLIP app, opposed to using Office 365 or Google. When will GLIP integrate with Apple's Mac OSX Calendar? This is a very need feature we would find very helpful if implemented.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. @mentions - In Ring Central Classic (Glip), we are able to work quickly through our mentions by selecting the messages, which opens the task in whatever team the task is and it opens in the right hand column and allows us to comment directly on the task within @mentions without having to switch to the team the task is in. I have attached a screenshot of the Ring Central Classic app that functions correctly for representation. Having to hunt down the team the task is in to post a comment on the task to respond to your @mention will take…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The old app (Ring Central Classic) allowed the user to arrange the tasks by dragging and dropping them in whatever order the user preferred. This allowed lots of great flexibility to organize tasks in a strategic way of goal setting for what is most important to least important tasks. This feature was AMAZING in the original app and is disappointing and frustrating not to have that ability. It was a major way I kept up with the priority of my tasks as well as what my team members and employees were doing first and last. Thanks for your help in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The task function is great but my employees forget to check tasks on regular basis so we DESPERATELY need a task notification feature. Here is how I would implement:Show notification for how many open tasks assigned to me on the left shelf task / notes / events icon. The notification should look similar to what a team/direct message notification looks like with a number for how many open tasks. It should have different colours depending on due status. Grey notification with number of tasks if task is due in the future or has no date. Orange notification if any tasks…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are task that have to be performed every other week. This helps allow teams to stay on track if we could get this function set up. I have been duplicating boards for the biweekly task in the classic glip. Now in the new version I cannot duplicate the boards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?