Skip to content
Share and vote for your favorite ideas here.

Phone & Messaging

Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

83 results found

1. When a task is marked "Complete", remove it from the tasks, not delete it. RC Classic would remove a completed task, now they all sit there with a line through it offering only the option to "delete". We use these tasks for day to day work flow and to log how tasks are worked if there should ever be a need to reference them.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We are looking for a little better way to organize tasks, messages etc. What we are trying to do:Organize tasks and messages into some folder or thread that makes it easier to know if someone viewed and if someone acted on a task or message.Have some way to set alerts on tasks and messages so that the alerts and badges could go to the necessary user and be obvious that they need to act on that task, view the message or alert. When viewed it would be great if sender would automatically know if the message was viewed.If someone adds…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Jupiter users end up scrolling a lot throughout the day, especially when have folders. This is not the best use of time and conversations etc. get lost[ Messaging/Glip] New and Un-read MessagesDisplay all new messages at the top, in a folder perhaps . I should not have to scroll down to my folders etc. to read unread and new messages[ Messaging/Glip] Most Active ConversationsDisplay my most active direct messages and channel conversations, near the top. Right after my unread messages [ AI ]

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We would create a Team and then create a sub team or team channel. The team will always remain but the channel will come and go based on what projects we are working on. So when I go check on where we are on a particular topic, I don’t have to scroll down and search endless emails to see who did what last on that topic.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great if we could create a team (public or private) add users and then once the team has been created, we have the ability to create Workspaces and sub-workspaces. For instance, I have a subcontractor I want to communicate with in my RC. I create a team titled ABC Subcontractor and then add the users that belong to that team. Under there, I have clients the subcontractor will handle for me so I want to create Workspace for each client. John Doe Workspace, Jane Doe Workspace. Then under John Doe Workspace, I can upload files (preferably into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To avoid missed messages, we would like to create a Group called “Importance Announcements”. Only Supervisors/Managers can add messages to this group. However, for this group only, once a message has been sent it automatically generates a pop-up big enough that it covers 2/3 of the screen. In order to close the pop up the message needs to “x” out. However, this pop-up only opens when the agent is next in ACW. (this way the pt. isn’t inconvenienced). Please advise if this is possible.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently when a team is in a user defined folder the position is set and to reorganise teams a user must drag-and-drop. Would like to ability to activate 'automatic sorting' where a team with an unread message is always placed at the top of the list.'Auto-Sort' should be able to be enabled on a folder-by-folder basis.This behaviour was available in Ring Central Classic but was removed (for unknown reasons) from the new Ring Central app.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    September 2023 UpdateThank you for your responses and feedback everyone! Product has completed their research into this possibility and have confirmed that at this time, the feature is not on any upcoming roadmaps. With this update, the status for the idea has been changed to Future Consideration. Hello everyone, Thank you for your interest in this idea. As our product managers are researching this feature, they'd like to know if you want this to be for Direct Messages and Teams, or just Direct Messages? Please leave your feedback and use case via comment. Thanks all!
  9. There needs to be a way for admins to delete bulk messages.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It's difficult (but not impossible, with practice) to either highlight or right-mouse click a number to copy for use in another program.See attachment for example of a possible solution:

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We are looking to be able to have multiple chat windows open at the same time in the right hand pane of the RingCentral desktop app. If this is something that is not possible, are you able to introduce a message pop out feature?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We are only allowed 30 folders. We need to be able to get more

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. To offer a feature that allows end users to schedule a Glip message to another user. Globally enabling people to send a scheduled Glip message while alleviating message sender concerns about a message notification interrupting the recipient outside of their business hours. (Glip message notifications do not follow user hours).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In Classic RC, you could use [code] and everything after it would be monospaced. In New RC, it only works when you have the closing [/code] tag. This would be fine, except that for orgs where users are split between Classic and New users, the former don't put the closing tag on because it looks fine to them.Also, it's more convenient for users to forgo the closing tag; let us keep doing that, please.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Only Predefined messages are appearing and 60 seconds is not an enough time to create a custom one. Hopefully, they will have an option to save or edit Predefined messages for it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently chat posts have to be fetched for each conversation. This takes a lot of time, and becomes even slower when behind a request queue to avoid rate-limiting issues.Please add support for batch requests for GetPosts, as well as any other endpoints that make sense to do so.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. (previously mentioned, row 79, Michael Landry) Ability to replicate feature within MS Teams and WebEx Teams. Sender of message is given a visual to see if their message has been "seen" by the recipients.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. should have a record message button, pressing it would record a message and allow you to send a recording in a chat, participants would then be able to listen to recording and share it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'm working on a PoC with prospect UNIGESTION that is in the bank industry in Geneva. They are very sensitive with Security concerns , they love the RC app client but needs a way to disable completely the App's integration icon and any app integration in all the RC app client. This is currently a show stopper to close the deal.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The ability to duplicate the default "all employee group" on GLIP would be nice for internal company-wide notifications that are of a different subject matter. Currently, we use the "all employee group" for IT issues only. If I want to create a separate group to notify everyone of events, for example, each user I want to contact must be input individually. This easily becomes an issue if your org has 100+ users and is hiring new people all the time (they'd need to be added on an ongoing basis, which is hard to maintain!).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?