Skip to content
Share and vote for your favorite ideas here.

Phone & Messaging

Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1412 results found

1. There should be an ability to have call waiting for queue calls as using an IVR with set queues is the easiest way of having an overall system and using simultaneous rings for the same phone number that's a direct line vs using a queue for the IVR is a laborious set up process and tends to complicate a phone system for businesses and the customers.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Hello all, wanted to share this video with you, to see if it matches your needs!It’s only a minute long, but note that there is no audio. In this video, a call queue member “SZ” receives and answers a call from the Test 1 call queue.After about 10-15 seconds, you’ll see a call pop-up in the Call Queue Pickup section of the HUD. This is a 2nd call that “SZ” then answers from Test 1 call queue, which puts the first call on hold.If this meets your needs, please let us know. We have also included the KB article.https://www.loom.com/share/59599e5b02a14bb6a84fcf02560a2c68 https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Set-up-Call-Queue-Pickup-Group.html?brand=RC_US&product=RingCentral_MVP&language=en_US
  2. We need the ability to warm transfer a caller to an external number, brief the 3rd party and then bring the original caller back onto the line with all parties to make an introduction. Right now the only option is to create a conference call on RC Phone (which has a conference greeting).

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When block all calls is turned on for an extension currently you are only able to add area codes and DIDs to the whitelist. This becomes an issue when the same CID is used for all devices, as allowing the CID would enable all devices to call the blocked extension. If the ability to whitelist extensions was added this would allow whitelisting of a single device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Department drop down menu when creating a new call queue is not searchable and is not in alphabetical order.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have a call center where all phones ring simultaneously. There are known GOOD and BAD inbound calls. The bad ones get missed because the agents dont want to talk to them. We need the ability to block the Caller ID so all calls look the same

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would love a user option that allows the on off of dynamically enabling Do No Disturb mode anytime user is in a RC meeting. No one really wants to hear phone calls come in when hosting or talking in a meeting. It is too difficult to toggle on off this mode manually every time a user enters and then is done with a meeting.But all my users agree they would like a feature that auto puts them in DND when they are in a meeting for them.

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As many users are now mobile and remote. Their e911 address needs to be updated. This becomes burdensome as users go between home and office or other, users need to manually enter their full address location every time.It would be far more efficient to have profiles saved by the user for these locations that they can select, update, create new, as they change their physical location.Even more cool would be enable geolocation to these profiles to auto update as users change location.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When users login to hotdesk, the number of rings is by default 4. We can change it but when the user logs out and logs back in, it again go back to 4. We need to keep a longer number of rings so users don't have to change it everytime.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please provide the ability to record more than one VM greeting, ex. Standard, Out-of-Office, and Extended Absence Greetings and then the option to select each as needed. Currently, I set a Standard VM greeting but when I am out-of-the-office, I have to record a different greeting which overwrites my Standard, and then I have to re-record that when I'm back in the office, and the cycle continues. This request benefits anyone who uses Voicemail.

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Doctors need to have a record of their conversations with patients. Calls are currently recorded and then manually transcribed for entry to patient records. It would be much simpler to cut and paste. RC already has the capability of transcribing voicemails, so this seems a logical extension and may be useful for other industries.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to automate SMS messages when clients make appointments, so that they can confirm or reschedule with the sms messaging.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This is a great feature that I have tried while calling other businesses. Their system answers the phone and will say "press 1 and we will text you a link to our online ordering" it could also be used for "press 2 and we will text you a link for exact directions to our business"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Most phone systems allow something like a "pickup group" which gives users in the same group the permission to pickup a ringing call on another extension.For example, lets say we have 10 users in a queue and 3 are away from their desk. However, one of those users forgot to set their desk phone to DND - a call comes into the queue and rings on the phone. Allow another user in the queue to pickup that call by dialing a code or pressing a button and entering the extension

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My understanding is that currently an IVR is coded as follows:1) Play IVR Message2) Await DTMF Key from caller for short period.If no key is received, the process is repeated 3 times before the IVR "times out", and then either DISCONNECTS the call or transfers to an extension.It would be much more usable if you configure:1) How many times to repeat before timing out (Currently hard coded to 3)2) How long to wait for DTMF before either timing out or repeating.2) Provide more choices for timeout like connecting to a voicemail etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently Queues offer a "interrupt" feature that breaks into the music of a caller waiting in the queue. Some systems refer to it as a comfort message.Current Scenario: Elevator music is playing... It pauses, and a voice says, "Thanks for waiting. We will be with you momentarily".What would be an amazing feature addition would be if a queue could have a collection of "Interrupt Messages" that could be configured to be played either sequentially or randomly at each interrupt period.Example Scenario:Hold music is playing.Interrupt Message comes on: "Did you know that we have a blue light special on widgets? Ask…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. RC currently has "announcement only" extensions available.If you transfer a caller to the extension, it plays the announcement and then HANGS UP. It seems to me that "Announcement Only" extensions would be much more useful if you had a choice what to do after the announcement was over instead of just HANGING UP. User should be able to configure the announcement only extension to transfer to another extension/ivr/queue after the announcement.As an example, if I wanted to have an IVR that said: press 1 for.. , 2 for..., 3 for...4 for directions to our showroom (Simply an announcement)5 for store…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. be able to forward calls automatically by dialing star codes on deskphone

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We have an IVR setup where the same choices and prompts are available in 2 languages press 1 for English and press 2 for FrenchAt any time a caller can dial 9 the access the dial-by-name directoryIf the users presses 1, then 9 The prompt plays in English"Please dial the first 3 letters of the person’s first name and press the pound key. "If the user presses 2, then presses 9We need the prompt to say "Please dial the first 3 letters of the person’s first name and press the pound key. "but say it in French.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, if a user monitors multiple user's presence, there is only an option to turn on/off "ring my phone" for all users. It would be helpful to allow that setting to be turned on/off by monitored user. This would allow a user to see the status of users on their physical phone, but not have the phone ring for everyone they want to monitor status.So, I would want to have 10 users where I monitor presence, but only 5 of them I want their line to ring when their phone rings.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We have different language queues but we can only have one Recording Notification and it is in English. It would be nice if we could customize this on a per queue level, so that callers who do not speak English understand that the call is being recorded.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?