Phone & Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9139 results found

1. I am a full-access manager for 3 call queues that are set up with their own direct lines. I do not know how to respond to these text messages. I read online at this article (https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/89895/call-queue-texting.html) that you can log into a call queue, but this seems cumbersome. I wish to have the ability to text from the direct line of the call queues that I am a full access manager for. Thank you.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The blocked calls, block all calls settings on a user extension should also support internal extension numbers and site codes, not just public telephone numbers and area codes.We have scenarios where extensions may only be accessible by a specific site or specific extension.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow users to configure an exclusion of certain audio or video devices or even more desirable, allow to us to configure if a certain device is present automatically set it as my audio and video device. Also it would be great if the selection within one function of the desktop app applied on all functions (i.e. if I set the audio/video device in a RCM session, also apply that to my 'phone' settings.The biggest win would be to autodetect that a preferred audio device is present and automatically put as the device for all functions in the app.Where this can…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ...es that we get from RingCentral, but not for the Existing phone that are on our account. The customer would like to enable the Call Parking Feature on all of " existing phones" on their account. They are using Cloud9 phones ( softphones ) for RingCentral.Account Name: Vistra Corporate Services Company
    Contact Name: Isaiah Bryant
    Callback Number: (469) 983-3407
    Email: Isaiah.Bryant@vistracorp.com

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. allow social media companies or any company with an app to verify your account by texto my a verification code to your company number. This helps distinguish your personal with your business account. Currently, we are required to use our personal phone for both a private and a business account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have some sites which would benefit from allowing no timeout for Hot Desk sessions. We have some sites which NEED to have a session timeout, as people move frequently. Currently, you can only set a default session timeout which applies company-wide. It would be beneficial to allow some granularity in this setting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Right now RC has a "wrap time" feature which is a great idea! However, it does not work when applied to a user who is extended over many call queues. According to the RC tech support rep I spoke with, wrap time is call queue specific and applies to each queue separately. For example:Let's say Sandy is assigned to Queue A and Queue B and 1min wrap time is assigned to each queue. Sandy completes a call from Queue A and starts wrap time of 1min to finish her work. If it has been longer than a minute since Sandy…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have a desk phone at the office and a desk phone at home. Currently the only way to swap the phones out is to log into the admin portal. I would like to be able to swap the phone on the actually desk phone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ring Central Message automatically uses characters such as * and _ as a pseudo-commands to format the characters inbetween them. It also allows the (now standard) use for control characters (ctrl-b, ctrl-u, ctrl-i) for formatting. Further, the formatting is not shown prior to sending the message, and worse, there is no limit (that I have come across) as to how far apart these characters are in a message.My idea is to have an option to turn off the use of printable characters as formatting commands.Use cases:Copy/pasting a mathematical formula with multiplication. The * is not intended, nor should be interpreted…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be helpful (and something that was a feature with Fonality) where you can click on a phone number in your browser OR copy and paste a phone number to the RC web app. The call starts to dial out, but it's connected to your deskphone where the call takes place.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Useful to all in Canada and US that are tired of dealing with offshore idiots

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please allow us the option to remove the ignore button, so that agents do not have the ability to ignore incoming calls. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi Team,Good day. Asking to add a 2-factor authentication feature for Telus Business Connect Accounts.Problem: Customer is not being asked to check the email for authentication even if the Account Access Confirmation feature is on.Steps:Access Admin Web internally and set Account Access Confirmation to Always RequiredStatus still show Disabled Permanently.Tested with Jeff and still able to log in to the Voice Manager with no 2nd factor authentication.Justification: Account Security

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi. I am looking for a way to essentially set up a "speakerphone button" (or control-key shortcut) when using RingCentral app on my desktop. Normally, I like to use the headset mic and earphones. But sometimes I'd like to use a "speakerphone" --- actually my Logitech webcam mic and the computer speakers.RingCentral remembers the different default audio mic/speaker source between phone and video. I'd like to have a way in phone settings to set default audio sourceA and default audio sourceB. I'd like to have a one-button toggle to switch between the headset mic/speakers and the Logitech mic/computer speakers while…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would be nice to have a log of who deleted voicemails from call queues since messages can be deleted from multiple users

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Some customers are unaware that they are under a contract or the contract was auto-renewed. Having the soft copy or documentation in the Admin Portal will be helpful to both the customer and RingCentral support.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the admin call log add inbound and outbound SMS messages. It would be nice to see who is texting and what is being said while looking at all of the calls/faxes made.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  SMS/Text  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So my company uses Tasks in various Teams to keep track of work that needs to be done. When selecting a specific Task, the most important information is usually in the Task Replies, but the replies are all shown on the right side of the screen with only like 35 characters to a line. When these task replies are anything but very short blurbs (as they often are in our workflow), it becomes difficult to try to read them in this menu and I have to resort to looking at the Team view that will contain every reply to every…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Application  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Feature Request: Extend the Shared Voicemail Co-Recipient core functionality created for "Users" to Call Queues and Message Only ExtensionsUse Case:The customer has a team of people that are a part of the after-hours/on-call support team. Members of this team are in multiple "after-hours" call Queues. This team is also responsible for processing voicemails left in multiple Message-Only Extension. The On-Call resources need to be able to process Call Queue voicemail as well as the Message-Only Extension voicemail. It is important that the users understand where the voicemail originated from with appropriate labeling for each Call Queue or Message-Only Extension. Bonus…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Call Queues  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. have an option on admin portal>Phone System>Common Area Phone to download a list of all of the phones. Also to have an option on Limited extensions group to download the information and have a print out of it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?